Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents can occur without warning causing injuries that leave victims suffering physically, mentally, and emotionally. The pain and suffering that comes with an injury accident can be traumatic and can last throughout a victim’s lifetime. Many injuries require extensive medical care and treatment as well as years of therapy. The cost of these bills, plus insurance costs, and other post-accident expenses can cause victims to endure significant financial hardships.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Louisiana that was caused by another person or business entity’s recklessness, carelessness, or negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. It is crucial that you speak with a knowledgeable and trusted Baton Rouge personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to discuss how your accident and subsequent injuries occurred, to determine your legal options and whether or not you have the right to pursue compensation.
Our personal injury law firm in Baton Rouge provides distinguished legal representation and guidance for injured accident victims throughout the state of Louisiana. The attorneys at Rusty Messer & Associates are dedicated to protecting and fighting for the legal rights of our clients. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident due to the negligence of another person or entity, contact our personal injury law firm today to get the assistance you require.
What Qualifies As A Personal Injury?
Personal injury accidents are not just limited to car accidents. An injury that requires medical care or leads to some sort of loss or damage, is considered personal injury. When an injury occurs due to the negligence or recklessness of someone else, compensation can be awarded to the victim. Rusty Messer & Associates handles a number of personal injury cases, including the following:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- DUI Accidents
- Uber/Lyft/Rideshare Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Semi Truck/Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Maritime Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Pedestrians Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Oil Rig Accidents
- Off-Shore Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Premise Liability
- Negligent Security
- Product Liability
- Wrongful Death
These are just some of the most commonly filed personal injury claims in the state of Louisiana. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident that was caused by the negligent actions of another person or entity, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact the skilled personal injury lawyers at Rusty Messer & Associates today to schedule a free consultation with a qualified and knowledgeable personal injury lawyer.
Motor Vehicle Accidents in Louisiana
Accidents involving motor vehicles are the most commonly filed personal injury lawsuits in the state of Louisiana. When a driver fails to follow traffic laws, becomes distracted while driving, or demonstrates poor judgment that results in an accident, the injured party may be entitled to compensation. Compensation may be awarded to injured victims to cover medical bills, insurance bills, lost wages, and other post-accident costs and losses.
These accidents can include pedestrian accidents, bike accidents, motorcycle accidents, semi-truck accidents, DUI accidents, rideshare accidents, and more. Contact our law offices today to speak with a skilled car accident lawyer about your injury accident to find out if you have the right to pursue a personal injury claim for your injuries and damages.
Medical Malpractice Claims in Louisiana
When a health care professional or medical practitioner deviates from certain professional standards, causing injury to a patient, a medical malpractice personal injury suit can be brought against the responsible party. Examples include birth injuries, misdiagnoses, and surgical errors.
If you or a loved one have been injured at the hands of a medical professional, you should speak with a medical malpractice attorney who can guide you through the very complex process of filing a medical malpractice lawsuit. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.
Wrongful Death Lawsuits in Louisiana
There is nothing harder to deal with than the loss of someone you love, especially when their death was caused by another party’s careless, reckless, or negligent actions. When a death occurs due to an accident caused by another person or entity, the responsible party may be held liable. In many cases, a wrongful death claim may be filed by close relatives after the death of a victim for compensation for their injuries and subsequent death. Compensation may be awarded to the family of the deceased to help cover funeral costs, lost wages, and other post-accident expenses.
No amount of financial compensation will ever bring back your loved one, but it can certainly ease the burden on the family members who are left behind. If you have lost a family member in an accident that was caused by another person or business entity, you should speak with a compassionate, yet aggressive Baton Rouge wrongful death lawyer at Rusty Messer & Associates as soon as possible. Call us today to find out if you have the right to pursue a wrongful death claim against the responsible party or parties.
Gathering Evidence To Support Your Claim
Different personal injury accidents require different kinds of evidence to support the personal injury claim.
Motor vehicle accidents that cause a personal injury often require a thorough examination of all vehicles involved in the accident to check for any malfunctioning parts that may have caused the crash. A skilled personal injury lawyer will help you to gather as much evidence as possible from sources like police reports, traffic cams, and eye-witnesses.
Depending on the accident, the criteria for necessary evidence changes. The most common evidence that a personal injury attorney will help you gather include the following:
- Gathering videos or photos of the accident site, damages, and injuries
- Speaking with eye witness and collecting statements
- Gathering police reports
- Obtaining forensic evidence
- Obtaining statements from experts, describing damages and injuries, and offering conclusions about the nature of the accident
Collecting different types of high-quality evidence will help victims and attorneys create a strong and thorough case to ensure that you have the best possible outcome for your injury claim. We will help ensure that you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries and your losses. Call us today to protect your rights as an accident victim.
Common Injuries Associated With Personal Injury Claims in Louisiana
Injury accidents can happen at any time, anywhere. The injuries suffered in these accidents can range in seriousness from minor cuts and abrasions to catastrophic injuries like head injuries or spinal cord injuries. These injuries can have life-threatening results for the victim and can even lead to death.
Common injuries that are sustained in personal injury cases in Louisiana include:
- Brain Damage and Spinal Injuries – These injuries can be permanent and life-lasting. Often, injuries of this nature require intense and continuous medical care and/or treatment. Victims may need to relearn how to do everyday tasks, like eating, drinking, and walking.
- Severe Burn Injuries – Severe burns can result in permanent disfigurement and possibly reconstructive surgery. These injuries are excruciatingly painful, can reduce a victim’s mobility, and affect their quality of life. They often result in serious infections that can lead to death.
- Broken Bones – Breaks or fractures can cause victims to miss work and suffer from tremendous pain. Significant breaks may require surgery to insert screws and pins. Physical therapy is often needed to help the victim increase their mobility and functionality.
- Mental Health Ailments – Victims may not only suffer physically but mentally as well. A number of victims develop depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and anxiety. These mental illnesses may affect a victim’s everyday life, and cause them to experience negative symptoms, including insomnia and flashbacks.
- Internal Bleeding – People often report cuts and abrasions from an accident so it’s not so difficult to believe that many also suffer from internal bleeding following a serious accident. Internal bleeding is serious and can lead to a life-threatening medical situation if not treated immediately.
- Amputations – Amputation of a limb or limbs can be one of the most emotionally distressing injuries a victim can experience. The loss of a limb affects everyday abilities and renders many victims unable to continue working or unable to carry out everyday tasks.
It is generally understood that the more serious an accident is, the more serious the injuries sustained will be. Victims who suffer severe injuries may feel the impact of the injury for the remainder of their life. Fortunately, there is hope for victims. When a traumatic accident occurs and causes victims to suffer greatly, compensation can be awarded to help with bills, expenses, and injury recovery. Contact our personal injury law firm in Baton Rouge if you have suffered injuries at the fault of another person or entity.
Types Of Compensation Awarded
Filing a personal injury claim after an accident can help victims secure the compensation they need to recover after sustaining a significant injury. Compensation can keep victims from sliding into financial debt. If you have been injured in an accident that was caused by another person or business entity, you may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Medical Bills – Even with insurance, the cost of recovery after being injured in an accident can be exorbitant. Compensation in a personal injury claim can give victims the ability to properly recover without having to worry about financial burdens that have followed their injury accident.
- Long-Term Care/Physical Therapy – In some cases, injuries may leave victims requiring medical care for an extended period of time. This may include visits to doctors, in-home care, and physical therapy, and other treatments.
- Lost Wages – After being injured in an accident it is not uncommon for victims to miss work while they are recovering. A personal injury claim can award victims the compensation they require to sustain daily life while they are not able to work.
- Lost Future Wages – In some cases, injured victims are not able to return to work as the injuries they sustained produced irreversible, physical, or mental damage. This lost earning potential can be used as a factor in a personal injury claim.
- Pain and Suffering – Injuries sustained in accidents are not always physical. Injured victims can also endure mental and emotional suffering. A personal injury claim can secure the compensation needed to adequately recover after an accident.
- Wrongful Death – In some accident cases, a victim may not survive. Loved ones of the victim may pursue compensation to cover funeral costs, in addition to covering the costs that may have been previously managed by the deceased.
- Punitive Damages – In certain cases, law firms can pursue punitive damages, as a punishment to the at-fault party and to keep them from committing a similar act in the future.
Keep in mind that there is a statute of limitations for personal injury claims, so it’s crucial to speak with an aggressive and skilled Baton Rouge personal injury attorney who has the time and resources needed to handle even the most complex and complicated personal injury claims in Louisiana. Call us today to discuss your injury accident and find out if you have the right to file a claim for compensation.
Why Hire A Personal Injury Attorney
After an accident, the most important thing for a victim to do is to seek medical attention. As soon as you have done that, it’s important to find a lawyer that you can trust to provide you with the best possible legal representation in Baton Rouge as an injured victim. Unfortunately, the costs for medical care and treatment can add up and cause victims to feel overwhelmed with financial stress. On top of financial strains, accident victims often suffer from anxiety or depression following a serious injury accident.
No matter the kind of accident, injured victims shouldn’t have to worry about paying bills or fighting legal battles. Individuals who were injured in an accident that occurred because of the negligence or recklessness of another person or business may be entitled to compensation.
CONTACT A PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER TODAY
The law firm of Rusty Messer & Associates handles all types of personal injury claims in Louisiana. We also handle claims and cases related to immigration, felony criminal defense, and family law. Our decades of Louisiana personal injury law experience allows us to successfully represent all of our clients with a personalized hands-on approach.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident that was caused by the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another person or entity, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact an attorney at Rusty Messer & Associates today at (225) 963-9368 to schedule a free consultation.
Call For a Quote:
More Practice Areas
Questions and concerns?
Rusty Messer & Associates will be with you at all times, that’s why we recommend you to write to us in the contact form.